The BrickLink Designer Program has closed the submission phase, and is now in crowd support phase.
This means that until the end of march, you will have the opportunity to vote your most favorite projects, giving the a chance to become BDP Series 1 sets!
There are now 375 designs in the Crowd Support phase, visit the vote page to look them all!
BDP Serie 1: a reminder of the timeline
The timeline for Series 1 of the BrickLink Designer Program is as follows:
- In 2022, designers are invited to create their designs in Studio, following the Submission Guidelines.
- From February 1-28, 2023, designers will have a 4-week window to submit their designs. The deadline for submissions is February 28, 2023 at noon Pacific US time.
- From March 7-31, 2023, all BrickLink members will be able to vote for their favorite submissions. This crowd vote will be taken into consideration alongside the BDP’s internal selection criteria as the team determines which designs will move on to crowdfunding.
- In April and May 2023, the BDP team will review all submissions, considering factors such as building experience, brand fit, and crowd favorites.
- The five Series 1 designs will be announced in late May 2023, and the fan designers will work with the BDP team to prepare the designs for production.
- In February 2024, BrickLink members will have the opportunity to pre-order their favorite sets, with a limit of 2 sets per household. If a set receives more than 3,000 pre-orders, it will be produced in a limited, one-time run of up to 20,000 sets.
- Production is expected to begin in the summer or fall of 2024, with orders ready to ship approximately 6 months after pre-ordering. Please note that actual dates and shipping times may vary.